- Register for SAT test: www.collegeboard.org
- Register for ACT test: http://actstudent.org
- Your College Application Checklist
- High School and Community Activities Record
- What Colleges Look For in a Letter of Recommendation
- Get Excused from School to visit a College: College Campus Visitation Form
- College Campus Visit Checklist
- College Fair Checklist
- College Essay Writing Tips
The 2018 Georgia Scholar application is now available to GRADUATING SENIORS to apply. Please see specifics below:
Download here: GA Scholar Application 2018
-There is not a limit on how many applications can be submitted by districts or private schools.
-Student must be a graduating senior.
-The application and one page reference letter is the only thing that should be submitted.
-No mailed or faxed applications accepted.
-Reference letters are to be from outside school personnel and family.
-Do not attach copies of transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, voter registration or photos to the application.
-Legible applications with all signatures should be emailed to email@example.com no later than March 1, 2018. Illegible and mailed/faxed applications will not be judged.
-All criteria on the application must be completed for consideration.
-Section A must be filled out with specific class information.
-There is not a monetary award associated with this recognition.
March 1, 2018………………………..Application deadline
March 5-26, 2018…………………… Application review
April 2-6*, 2018…….………………..GA Scholar announcement (TBD: depending on Superintendent’s schedule)
- Explore HOPE and Zell Miller scholarships: HOPE GPA Calculation and Eligibility (GSFC, September 2016)
- GPA Worksheet
- Class of 2017 – 2018, HOPE Scholarship Rigor Requirements (provided by GSFC)
- List of Courses Which Meet the HOPE Academic Rigor Requirement (provided by GSFC, updated July 2016)
- Approved 4th Science Course Options (provided by GA DOE, 2017-18)